Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BIG SHARK off the Coast

There is no boat big enough. If they want you they will get you. Damn, too many horror flix on cable.
    My view of life is, that its next to impossible to convince anybody of anything. Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by WooD View Post
    I'd love to see her in person.....from a really big boat.

I'd love to see her hanging by her tail at the end of the pier.

Sorry, I know that's probably politically incorrect, but I got no love loss here. I must have been a seal in a previous life =/
    REALITY'S A JOKE

There were so many fewer questions
    When stars were still just the holes to heaven

~Jack Johnson

REALITY'S A JOKE

~Jack Johnson

Carries the Mark of the Beach. Shriver9FT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martingeetars View Post
    I heard there was going to be a swell this weekend, anybody want to go to the poles?
    Yup, sure do! Camping though, going to check out Ft. Clinch.
    This whole work thing really gets in the way of my surfing life!

This has really taken off on facebook. I hope we don't end up with a bunch of yahoos out hunting great whites.
    Life's a train I barely caught just to find, I ain't got the fare. (Johnny X)

You guys sound like a bunch of schoolgirls (no offense to any girls in school that are probably not even worried about her)...

I can't even tell you how many sharks I've caught and released just off our coast near the surf zone while chasing Cobia & kingfish. We have a healthy bull shark population that are responsible for a lot more attacks on humans and I'm talkin 300 pound fish with more adrenaline than a bull elephant. I've had them attack the hull of my boat after releasing them. I've also seen a Tiger sharks off the A Street area that were as long as my 19'6 Key Largo bay boat.

If you're worried, check your kharma.. Like the ancient Hawaiians, I personally believe & have many up close encounters in St. Auggie lineups & around da world, that sharks are "amakua" or spirit guides & as long as you don't eat them, they won't eat you.

Like I said in another post, this girl is PROTECTED in our waters & is hopefully breeding, otherwise her species could be EXTINCT in the next couple of years. That's right, EXTINCT!!!!!!!!! You think you have problems now, if an apex predator like the Great White becomes extinct you might want to give up ocean activities altogether. Check out page 43 of January's issue of "Surfer" magazine if you think I'm bull ****ting. There's a few surfers that have actually been attacked by Great Whites & will never surf again due to wounds, that went to Washington, DC & got these beautiful creatures protected. Compared to those guys, y'all sound like little female yapping K-9's....

If you're worried, check your kharma.. Like the ancient Hawaiians, I personally believe & have many up close encounters in St. Auggie lineups & around da world, that sharks are "amakua" or spirit guides & as long as you don't eat them, they won't eat ,

I have Never "eatin" no shark, but I was bit off of st aug back in 73, as a 15 yr old I dont know if karma was playing a roll or if it was just, as in most cases in florida a case of mistaken I.D...... 100+ stitches , I lived on a lake at the time and for about 2 yrs would'nt swim in the lake because it freaked me out so bad! And I have also seen the tiger you are refering too at A street! "Protect them Don't neglect them"
    Sundogs are'nt pets

Quote Originally Posted by Waterman0027 View Post
    & as long as you don't eat them, they won't eat you.
    Well if that's the case, I'm still screwed. I'm gonna be devoured by a giant stuffed flounder, billions of little shrimpys will pick the remaining meat off my bones. I hope you're wrong, but more importantly, I hope that big ass predator heads back out to sea
    REALITY'S A JOKE

~Jack Johnson

A little spooky with the fog and fog horns this morning at the poles but the upside waist to chest high waves and nobody out for the first 2 hours of surf. Fog started to burn off and 10 surfers and 5 dolphin joined me. All in all a great morning.

The shark site is keeping the crowds down a bit. Looked like Mary Lee was going to the poles then she circled back. I did not know this while I was in the fog.

"Waterman0027 y'all sound like little female yapping K-9's...." Are you calling me a little bitch?

Waterboy, how do you spell touche' or whatever that dumb french saying is? I've been bitten by a Flounder already, and it ain't no fun, damn near lost my trigger finger so be careful unhookin' those things. To me it's ironic that 600,000 people die a year in this country from heart disease alone, so I think there's some truth to the Hawaiian's beliefs, as cow's and tobacco and stuff are getting revenge on us. My money is on double cheeseburgers and large fries getting most of us first before Mary Lee.

mdsurf, ewwww.......you said the b word on the SS mb.....but don't worry, I won't tell...haha I'm glad you had a good session this morning, I'm about to head out soon, and I'm sure Mary Lee won't be in the back of my mind.....NOT....hopefully the good Lord will continue to protect me/us out there. Sounds like I should have joined them in the hype though, just so as to keep some of my favorite sandbars empty...

martingeetars, sorry to hear about your bad luck or whatever years ago. Yeah, it's always a case of mistaken identity but it's never a bad idea to keep your kharma in check when getting in the ocean in my opinion. I was very impressed with the one-legged surfer that lost his leg to a great white and still had the sack to fight to get them protected and still surfs with a prosthetic. I'm like you, it would take me a while to even get back in a bath tub more than likely.

That tiger is a beast isn't he/she? Definitely humbling.
    "There are 392.6 quintillion gallons of water in the ocean. I only need a few hundred gallons to put a smile on my face." - Rob Machado